MID-LAND REALTORS is striving to be your primary source for REAL ESTATE information in the Great Lakes Bay Region of Michigan. However, a lot of what will be posted here will apply throughout the United States.
We are also aware that what you need will be different depending on where you are in the process – buying, selling, renting, up-sizing, downsizing, landlord or property management. With that being said, we want to talk about questions to ask your REALTOR.
There are many websites and blogs on questions to ask but I am going to be talking about Midland. As far as I am concerned there is not a “bad” part of Midland, many of the sites make a question like that one of the first questions to ask. A Realtor answering this question can be violating Fair Housing Laws. If you want to know about crime, go to the city or county’s police website.
The questions I think you should ask are:
- Are you going to show my houses that are listed at other offices or am I going to have to find that on my own?
- Are you going to push other companies for me to use or can I use my own choices? (I.E. Mortgage companies, home inspectors)
- How are you going to help me make the best offer on the house? What should I include or exclude?
- If I want to look outside of the Midland area are you going to do or find someone with knowledge in that area and refer me to them?
- Are there assessments or home association fee on this property? Many times, these can be hidden and expensive. You need to know this upfront
For more information on questions for your REALTOR tips visit the sites below:
We here at MID-LAND REALTORS would love the opportunity to help you sell your house and find you your next home. Let us show you some great homes.