MID-LAND REALTORS is striving to be your primary source for REAL ESTATE information in the Great Lakes Bay Region of Michigan. However, a lot of what will be posted here will apply throughout the United States.
We are also aware that what you need will be different depending on where you are in the process – buying, selling, renting, up-sizing, downsizing, landlord or property management. With that being said, we want to talk about Fall.
Besides being my favorite season, Fall leads us to bon fires, staying home, cuddly by the fireplace and snuggling under a blanket to read a great book or binge watch TV for 4 months (9 in Midland, MI). There are some things you should do to your home inside and outside before it gets too cold. This is NOT an inclusive list but some top of the mind.
- Clean the Gutters
- Probably twice
- Place a board secured with a brick or big stone on top of the A/C unit
- Do NOT cover the whole unit with plastic. This will cause the unit to rust from the moisture over the winter.
- All you really need to do is save the fan blades from snow and ice.
- The yard and gardens
- Rake the yard - depending on how many trees in your yard and more importantly your neighbors, you will need to complete this probably twice.
- For the health of your yard, a light layer of leaves are good but thick moldy, musty layers can cause moss and mold like issues.
- If you have access to a lawn aerator, this is a good time to use it. Well after you rake up the leaves.
- Removing dried plant leaves is a good thing for your plants to be successful in the spring. I only say this because my plants grow by the survive of the fittest and neglect methods and they come back every year and this is my main contribution to them.
- Leave a light layer of leaves over your plants
- Properly store lawn mowers, blowers and other equipment
Here are a few other websites for more ideas:
We here at MID-LAND REALTORS would love the opportunity to help you sell your house and find you your next home. Let us show you some great homes.